- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Get a can of your favorite chickpeas. I usually buy the cheapest kind.
- Open the can, and dump the contents into a colander.
- Rinse the chickpeas. This removes the oil that they were canned in.
- Dry the chickpeas. You can do this by letting them sit in the colander for a bit, then dump the chickpeas into a paper towel to bloat dry.
- Combine the following in a small mixing bowl:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt (or less if you don't like salty things)
- Add the chickpeas to the mixing bowl, and give a good shake to coat the chickpeas.
- Spray a small oven tray with Pam olive oil spray.
- Spread the chickpeas evenly over the tray. They should be in a single layer.
- Put the chickpeas in the oven for around 45 min. If you want them less crispy, bake them less time.
Be careful with the chickpeas when they first come out of the oven to make sure you don't burn your mouth. If you find that you really, really love the chickpeas, you can make more than one can at a time, as long as you have a big enough oven tray.
Try some other seasonings too, like Italian, Southwest, or just plain salt and pepper. Experiment, and enjoy the outcome!